Eeeeee!!! I’m SO excited to share this recipe!! Hummingbird cake is one of my favourite naughty treats so I decided to create my own clean version of it! It’s been a long time in the making (i.e food thoughts that run through my head as I fall asleep) and boy, was it worth the wait!! Most gluten free cakes are dense, dry and chalky. With coconut flour as a base this cake is fluffy, moist and it’s hard to believe it’s guilt free. Enjoy xx
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 tubs Chobani pineapple yogurt
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tub Chobani plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place dates in a bowl with 3 tbsp water ad microwave for 1 minute. Process with maple syrup until smooth.
- Mix together dates, bananas, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- In another bowl mix flour, cinnamon, coconut, nuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir in the tubs of yogurt.
- Place in a cake bundt/cake/muffin tin and bake until knife comes out clean and cake is golden (in a bundt tin I found this took approx 40 mins).
- Once cake has completely cooled, strain excess liquid from the plain yogurt tub and add honey and 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Mix well and ice the cake with the yogurt icing.
- Sprinkle with toasted pepitas and coconut.
Follow my on Instagram – ashleighjensen
Like me on Facebook
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL