WARNING! WARNING! THESE ARE ADDICTIVE!! For thise Twix/caramel/chocolate lovers – this is for you! These are gluten free, refined sugar free and taste delish! They are crispy, gooey and filled with a guilt free caramel. Sorry for the bad quality photo. New camera coming soon! (And possibly YouTube videos??? – what would you guys want to see?) – Enjoy!
- 1 & 1/4 cup GF crispy rice puffs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp peanut butter – (healthiest option – Place pure peanuts in a powerful blender until smooth)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt (I suggest pink Himalayan)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh Medjool dates (soak for 5 mins in warm water then drain)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-3 tbsp almond milk, or more if needed
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate broken into pieces (I use Loving Earth)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- OR my Raw Chocolate Recipe (minus the coconut and goji berries)
1. Line an pan or cake tin with baking paper. In a small saucepan, add the honey, peanut butter and vanilla. On a medium heat, stir ingredients until well combined. Add a pinch of salt and mix with rice puffs in a separate bowl. Mix well.
2. Pour rice puff base into your lined pan and press down with wet fingers. Use the back of a spatula to compress the base down and not leaving any gaps. Place into freezer and begin making the caramel.
3. Place soaked and drained dates, peanut butter, milk and salt into the food processor and process until smooth and thick and no chunks of dates remain.
4. Evenly spread the date caramel over the rice puff base. Place in the freezer for appox 15 minutes.
5. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan over a very low heat (chocolate burns super easily!!). When the chocolate begins to melt, remove from heat and stir until smooth. Spread chocolate on top of the caramel and place in the freezer until chocolate has set. Slice into rows. These can be stored in the freezer or the fridge.
Instagram – ashleighjensen
* adapted from ohsheglows