Who DOESN’T love bolognese!? This recipe is an awesome substitute for all you meat free lovers out there. It’s simple, uses loads of fresh ingredients, keeps you full for ages and can be easily reheated. Give it a go! I love hearing your feedback.
- 1 cup brazil nuts (pulsed in a blender until crumbly)
- 1 can organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 2-3 celery sticks (finely chopped)
- mixture of fresh (or dried) basil, oregano and thyme.
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable stock
- Place garlic and onions in a pan and fry in oil of your choice (I used rice bran for this recipe).
- Add vegetables and stir for 2-3 minutes
- Add all other ingredients and stir well
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins until liquid has reduced
- Serve with pasta, zucchini pasta, on fresh bread (as shown above) or however you please!
Like me on FACEBOOK
Follow me on INSTAGRAM – ashleighjensen