What a roller coaster of a week! My apologies for the lack of posting lately. I’ve been extremely unwell with food the last thing on my mind. But I’ve regained my health and it’s time to get back into it! After a week of very plain, bland, easy to stomach food I was in need of a chocolate hit. I’m on a course of super strong anti-biotics at the moment (not a fan at all…) therefore am being very strict on myself with what I put into my body. No coffee, nothing what so ever unless it comes from the ground. I am however incorporating a little fish to bump up my omega 3. The peanut butter used in this recipe is 100% home made using only peanuts and nothing else! That’s right..pure peanut butter. Im fortunate enough to own a Vitamix which is perfect for nut butters. You can however use another brand of blender just be careful to take it easy and not to burn it out.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup macadamias
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup raw cacao
- 2 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a processor on a low setting combine walnuts, macadamias and almonds in a blender until crumbly (not powder!). Add cacao, vanilla and salt.
- Feed dates one at a time through the feeder tube until mixture is a crumbly dough texture.
- Add peanut butter – If this is too much for your processor to handle simply mix in with your hands or spoon. You can also use the peanut butter as a frosting!
- Press into glass dish or deep baking tray and set in freezer.
Like me on Facebook
Visit my website Wholesome-Living
Follow me on Instagram!