Whilst bathing in my own sweat in the Queensland Summer, pondering what to put together for dinner this week I thought what could be better than a fresh, light summer salad? When shopping for fruit and veg I couldn’t help but grab some pomegranates as they are quite rare to see here. After taking them home and starting the mission of getting the little red berries to come out I thought “What have I gotten myself into!?”. I made such a mess, ruined my new white dress, and sprayed the purple juice all over my kitchen. After that mission was complete it was time to put this salad together! Let me say..the mess was totally worth it!!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 handfulls crushed walnuts
- 2 celery sticks fliely chopped
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar (you can add more if you like)
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- sea salt and pepper
- Wash the quinoa then bring to the boil with the stock (lid on). Reduce to a low simmer with the lid off until all the liquid is gone. Fluff with a fork then allow to cool.
- Add pomegranate, walnuts, celery, oranges, apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Like me on FACEBOOK
Visit my website Wholesome-Living
INSTAGRAM – ashleighjensen