Long time – no post, right?! Unfortunately I have not been spending anywhere near the amount of time in the kitchen that I would have liked lately. Last weekend I went and visited the gorgeous Melissa Ambrosini and we cooked up a feast! I LOVE carrot cake therefore I was super excited to get started these babies! The tiny (but filling) carrot cakes are incredibly addictive and even better..they are guilt free! They take no time to make as long as you have a food processor there’s really no chance you can mess them up.
- 2 large carrots (grated)
- 1 ¾ c ground pecans
- 8-10 medjool chopped dates
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ cup desc coconut
- 1 tbsp raw cacao nibs (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- date paste
Date Paste Ingredients
- 5 dates
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp orange or lemon zest
- 1/3 cup water
- Place all date paste ingredients into a blender or processor and combine until paste consistancy. Set aside.
- Place all cake ingredients and date paste into a blender or bowl, and mix until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a little extra water.
- Combine mixture into balls and place into the fridge while you make the frosting.
- 1 ½ cup macadamias or cashews
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp honey (adjust to taste)
- 2 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth. If the mixture is too dry, add a little water.
- When you are happy with the consistency, place over the balls and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place back in the fridge to set and take out of the fridge approx. 5 minutes before serving.
Like me on FACEBOOK
Visit my website Wholesome-Living
INSTAGRAM – ashleighjensen
Recipe adapted from relauncher.com.au