FINALLY! Spring is here! The days are getting longer, the temps are starting to rise and the foods on the shelves are starting to change with the new season. Here’s a delicious soup I’ve put together that is perfect for this time of year. Beautiful fresh flavours and a little lighter on the tummy than your typical heavy winter soups. Enjoy!
- Half pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Fresh long red chilli (to taste)
- Ginger, grated (to taste)
- 1 teaspoons lemongrass
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 tbsp green curry paste
- Thai Basil, for garnish
- Cut pumpkin into cubes and steam until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring saucepan to a medium heat. Add curry paste and fry for approx 30 seconds. Add 2 tbsp of the coconut cream and continue to stir.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Add onion, garlic, lemongrass, chilli, ginger and remaining coconut milk. Simmer for 5 mins until onion is translucent. add salt and pepper to taste.
- Either add the steamed pumpkin to the saucepan and blend with a stick blender OR place ingredients from the saucepan + the pumpkin into a blender until all ingredients are combined.
- Garnish with thai basil.
Dont forget to LIKE me on Facebook
Have you visited my Website Wholesome-Living ?
FOLLOW me on Instagram – ashleighjensen