Banana Bread has got to be one of my all time favourite treats. Here’s a recipe I created this week when I noticed my bananas were looking a little dark. This recipe can be made gluten free simply by using your preferred gluten free flour (such as rice flour) or even almond meal. For this recipe I used spelt flour (which contains gluten) and found it worked really well.
- 2 cups flour (I used spelt flour – you can use any flour incl gluten free for a gf alternative)
- 2 cups mashed banana (preferably overripe)
- 1/4 pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dates
- 2 tbsp LSA + 6 tbsp water
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- Pre-heat the oven at 150 degree Celsius
- Mix LSA with water, stir well and leave it aside.
- Mash the banana really well.
- In a big bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and mix well. now add the chopped dates and maple syrup and stir together.
- Add the mashed banana and LSA mixed with water and stir till it’s combined. It’ll be a hard dough but don’t be tempted to add any more water and do not over mix. Just stir till it forms a hard dough.
- Fold this into a greased loaf pan and sprinkle chia seeds on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 mins till it’s well risen, crusty and golden on the outside. A toothpick inserted right in the center has to come out clean and that’s when the loaf is cooked.
**Feel free to dress it up with some finely sliced banana, sesame seeds or walnuts**
Have you LIKED me on Facebook ?
Visit my website Wholesome-Living
Follow me on INSTAGRAM – ashleighjensen