So….after a very chaotic week that has consisted of being bed ridden with the flu and exercise deprived it was topped off with saying goodbye to the job I’ve held & enjoyed for the past 2 years. Even though I’ve been feeling a little down in the dumps I have had loads of time on my hands to get cooking! Here’s a recipe for all you peanut butter lovers out there. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup rapadura sugar (use brown sugar if you’re NOT cooking sugar free)
- 1/4 milk (i used almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour (or a similar gluten free flour. Plain flour if you’re NOT cooking gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (divided in half. you will melt 1/4 cup and drizzle on top)
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, oil, and rapadura sugar.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking powder. The batter will be very thick.
- Transfer to baking pan and press it into place. Sprinkle the peanuts and 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top, pressing them gently into the batter.
- Bake for approx 25 minutes until a light golden colour.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing into squares or hearts. Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and use a fork to drizzle on top of each square/heart. Enjoy!
Dont forget to LIKE me on Facebook
Visit my website Wholesome-Living
Find me on INSTAGRAM – ashleighjensen