WARNING: This is incredibly addictive!
Chocolate…possible one of my favourite things in the world. Seriously. For years I battled a serious sugar addiction and in particular…chocolate. Here’s my recipe for a much, much healthier alternative and not to mention it tastes SO good. Give it a go and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 4 tbs cacao
- 8-10 of medjool dates, chopped
- Handfull Goji Berries
- Handful Shredded coconut
- ¼ cup maple syrup
1. Line a baking dish with non-stick paper. Place in the freezer to chill while you mix up the ingredients.
2. Grind almonds in a blender or food processor until they are fairly fine (not a powder though).
3. Melt coconut oil in a saucepan over gentle heat (don’t let it get too hot).
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cacao, almonds, dates, coconut, goji berries and maple syrup.
5. Pour the mixture into the dish, making sure it spreads out thinly and evenly.
6. Put into the freezer until it has set, and then keep in the freezer.
Dont be afraid to add different nuts and fruit. I have also tried it with walnuts and added puffed rice and it worked really well.
Dont forget to LIKE me on Facebook
And check out my website Wholesome-Living ?
Follow me on INSTAGRAM – ashleighjensen